Factory Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Device
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus comes with 5.99 inches screen display, with 3/4GB RAM + 32/64GB storage variants and 4,000mAh non-removable Battery. Sometimes there is need to reset your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus If you accidentally changed your phone system settings.
How do I Reset my Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus?
There is basically two says to reset your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Device. One is via the phone settings or via recovery mode
Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Using Phone Settings
- Go to the main menu and open theSettings app.
- In the settings menu, tap onAdditional settings.
- Open Backup and Reset option that appears on your screen (this is where you can back up your data before resetting the phone).
- In the open window, hit the Factory data reset.
- Proceed by tapping on the Reset phone button at the bottom. Verify yourself with the password and all, and proceed to format your Redmi 5 or Redmi 5 Plus.
Reset Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus via recovery mode
Although not as easy as the first method, using recovery mode to reset your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus shouldn’t be a problem. Here’s how to:
- If the device is still on, power it off by pressing the power button.
- Press and hold the volume up and power buttons at the same time for a few seconds until the device vibrates and a Mi logo appears on the screen.
- Release the power button but keep holding the volume up button until the recovery mode shows up.
- Now, tap on Wipe data option.
- Now, confirm this, and once you do that, your device will be hard reset. It will be like new.
These are the best ways to hard/soft reset your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus phone and restore Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus to the original settings. Have issues resetting your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, feel free to ask using the comment below.