Motorola had earlier unveiled Moto G5 and Moto G5S Plus which came with great specifications. Both devices are spotted with 5.5 inch full HD Display, while that of Moto G5S is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset along with 4 GB of RAM., the Moto G5S Plus which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 soc clocked at 2 GHz in addition of 4 GB RAM and 32 GB of internal storage.
Most users want to root their phone so that they can enjoy full root privilege and enjoy custom ROMs. Not to worry much, Xclusivetek will share the complete guide on how to root and install TWRP Recovery on your Moto G5 Plus
You have to first unlock Motorola bootloader, followed by installing TWRP Recovery then how to root Moto G5S and G5S Plus.
How to install Moto G5S Plus TWRP Recovery and Root
Here’s how you can easily install TWRP recovery on your Moto G5S Plus.
- Well, first of unlock bootloader of your Moto G5S Plus using the guide linked.
- Next, Download the Motorola G5 Plus TWRP recovery from the link below. Motorola G5 Plus TWRP recovery Download
- Connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- Open a command window on PC in the folder where you have the TWRP recovery file. For this, go to that folder, and then in the address bar, type cmd and hit enter key. A command window will open, whose folder location will be where you have the downloaded Moto G5S Plus TWRP recovery file.
- With device connected to PC, reboot it to bootloader/fastboot mode by issuing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
└ Check your phone’s screen, if it asks for “Allow USB debugging”, accept it by selecting OK/Yes.
- Now, we install TWRP recovery by issuing the following command.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-sanders.img
- That’s it. TWRP recovery is now installed on your device. To access TWRP, either use the command fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-sanders.img, or, while in bootloader mode, use volume keys to bring up recovery option, and then hit power button to select it and boot into recovery mode, where you would now have TWRP recovery.
- Now boot into TWRP recovery by pressing power button + volume up key, go to Install >> Internal Storage >> locate lazy flasher file and flash it (This is an important step otherwise your device won’t boot).
Good to go, you’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery In Moto G5S Plus. Now, let’s have a look on how to root Moto G5S Plus.
Root Moto G5S Plus using SuperSU
- Download SuperSU zip file.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file to your Moto G5S Plus.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (Allow for system modification by swiping.)
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the flashing process.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it.
That’s it. Your Moto G5S Plus is rooted. To verify, download/install any root checker app from Play Store .